Re: how to use mplayer to convert DVD to a file?

On 11/11/08 19:03, Serena Cantor wrote:
If I give enough details, can you help me out?

If my memory doesn't fail, there are only 2 directories in DVD, I copy them to
/mnt/dos4/1415

And I can use vlc to play by just specifying directory.

After conversion, I wish frame size is about 384x288. The film is

Good, that's a 4:3 aspect ratio.

90 minute long, I wish the file size is about 500 megabytes. As

How large is the source file/directory?

> to format I wish it can be played in Windows and Linux.

Lots of formats are cross-platform