Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:37:09 +0200
Subject: Re: scanning question

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:57:31 +0200
> Bogdan <mendingo84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Bogdan,
>

>> I'm on Debian Sid / KDE 4.1. I have a HP PSC 1110 multifunction
>> printer. I found a way to configure the printing function, but I don't
>> seem to be able to scan with it. I installed Kooka but it didn't do
>>

> First things first, make sure you're a member of the group "scanner",
> otherwise you'll not be able to access the scanner.
>

>> the trick ( afterwards I noticed that kooka has been removed from KDE
>> 4.1 ). Any suggestions will be appreciated :).
>>

> Has it been replaced with something else?  If not, I suggest installing
> XSane, and then try.

Hello again,

Brad, your first advice was the exact solution to the problem. My user
hadn't been included in the "scanner" group by default. I manually did
that and now both Kooka and Xsane do the trick! Thank you!

Robert, thanks for your time! I haven't really used Xsane before, only
Kooka, but I'll give it a try now that you indicated it to me.

Best regards,

*** End of Forwarded message.

--
 Regards  _

If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually
Monsoon - Robbie Williams