Re: Canadian Walmart Photo Centre Problems?

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:31:16 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi All;
>
>I'm looking to see if anyone can confirm a change on the Walmart Photo web
>site.  It appears it has gone "Internet Explorer" only as I can't get
>Konqueror or Mozilla on Linux (or WinXP) to work.  The clerk at the store
>says she is processing online orders.  It was working fine for the last
>couple of years and up to 1 month ago.  The "look" is now different also.
>
>I submit photos regularly online then go to the store and pick them up.
>My main use of this though is to send pictures to my parents in another
>province who do not have a computer.
>
>Sometime in the last month it appears they have started using a new
>"shopping cart" vendor.  Regardless, the new system allows uploading,
>editting and the like BUT as soon as you select photos to send to the
>"Shopping Cart" the list is empty and the message states "you must select
>size, finish and quantity prior to submitting your order".
>
>As you might expect there is no "Contact Us" link on the photo site or the
>shopping-cart software.  I have sent a message via the main Walmart page
>but it is a Mon-Fri only system.
>
>Regardless, do any other Linux using Canadians use this service, is it
>working for you and if so, what browser are you using?
>
>TIA!

Well, I haven't really heard from Walmart BUT I have found a solution.

I have been using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x since my original
installation.  It seems that Walmart has now made this version
obsolete.  If I upgrade to (interim) 2.0.0.17 or the current 3.0.3 all
is working again.

I guess I'm a little at fault BUT I do wish they would provide
meaningful error messages in situations like this.  My poor-ole 1.5.x
version was working so well.

Any way, it seems to be resolved ... for now!

Thanks for all the feedback and comments!
       http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
SPAM Reduction: Remove ".invalid" from my domain.