Re: postfix can't send and receive mails

--- tôba <toba@tsepa.net> wrote:

- snip -

> > > Oh yes, that's normal because of amavis. See your main.cf file.
> > > Tha happens when amavis is dead or hangs. I suggest
> > > a /etc/init.d/amavisd-new start
> >

> > Hi Tôba,
> >

> > Thanks for your advice.
> >

> > I don't have /etc/init.d/amavisd-new here
> >

> > # find / -name amavisd-new
> > /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new
> > /usr/share/lintian/overrides/amavisd-new
> > /usr/sbin/amavisd-new
> > /etc/cron.daily/amavisd-new
> > /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new
> > /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.workstation/amavisd-new
> > /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/amavisd-new
> >

> > # /etc/cron.daily/amavisd-new stop
> > bayes: expire_old_tokens: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp
> > lockfile /etc/spamassassin/bayes.lock.xen05.satimis.com.3110 for
> > /etc/spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied
> >

> > # /etc/cron.daily/amavisd-new start
> > bayes: expire_old_tokens: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp
> > lockfile /etc/spamassassin/bayes.lock.xen05.satimis.com.3116 for
> > /etc/spamassassin/bayes.lock: Permission denied
> >

> > # /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new stop
> > -bash: /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new: Permission denied
> >
> > # /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new start
> > -bash: /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new: Permission denied
> >

> > How can I proceed further?  TIA
>

> Try  /etc/init.d/amavis instead.
>
> If you do dpkg -L amavis, you can see the list of files in the
> package.

Hi Tôba,

I tried several time before but without result.

# /etc/init.d/amavis start
Starting amavisd: Pid_file "/var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid" already
exists.  Overwriting!
amavisd-new.

# /etc/init.d/amavis stop
Stopping amavisd: (not running).

# /etc/init.d/amavis start
Starting amavisd: Pid_file "/var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid" already
exists.  Overwriting!
amavisd-new.

# dpkg -L amavis
Package `amavis' is not installed.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

# dpkg --info amavis
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `amavis': No such file or directory

# dpkg --contents amavis
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `amavis': No such file or directory

B.R.
Stephen