Re: OT about Asus, was Re: What is the point of RAID?

On Sunday 09 November 2008 17:53, Napoleon wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > In a similar vein: contrary to Unix lore, most C apps are horribly
> > non-portable, whereas COBOL apps are *very* portable.
>
> Contrary to popular lore, COBOL apps are typically no more portable than
> C apps.

Yeah, I've had plenty break when moved to a different COBOL runtime.

The UNIX standard make a *lot* of requirements for portable C programs.  Far
beyond what is takes for gcc to accept the program OR what it takes Linux or
BSD to run it.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))