Re: Virtual PC

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 18:40:19 +0100, you wrote:

>pch wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Can anyone recommend a good virtual machine, equivalent MS Virtual PC.
>>

>I don't know MS Virtual PC, but I use the VMware server with good
>result. The only complaint: VMware is slow to adapt their *closed*
>source to new kernels, e.g. server 1.0.7 to linux 2.6.27.
>
>Hugo

I use VMWare Player and have the same "complaint".  I typically keep
my kernel updated to the current release version BUT this time I opted
to stay at .26 due to VMWare compatibility issues.

[OT]  Also, I am starting to have issues with the new kernel release
system where there is no distinct release (even minor) and development
(odd minor) streams.  In the new 2.6.x series it breaks WAY too often.

I like to stay updated for new drivers and security/reliability
patches but the "breaking" issue is becoming a problem.

       http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
SPAM Reduction: Remove ".invalid" from my domain.