Re: Is there cheap website host using debian+apache2+mono(asp.net)+postgresq to sell?

On Sunday 09 November 2008 01:32, Star Liu wrote:
> the problem is no web host provider support mono, do you know any web
> host support mono? thanks

I don't know of any, and I doubt you'll find one, but it's possible.

If you are capable of setting up your website on your home machine, you are
capable of setting it up on a VPS.

Linode and Slicehost are both high-quality, fairly inexpensive VPS providers
that will pre-install Linux (many distributions) on your slice.  You'll be
able to run mono on either service.  I imagine you'll be able to run mono
with any other Linux VPS provider as well.

Web hosting is genally very cheap, sometimes free, but when you need specific
software (and not just a place to throw content and scripts) it gets diffcult
to find one that meets your requirements.  Even if you can find one, their
configuration, and you level of access, may prevent your application from
running.  VPSes are a great middle-ground between web hosting and dedicated
hosting and/or co-location.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))