Re: i386 to amd64

Sven Joachim escreveu:
On 2008-11-08 17:06 +0100, Vinicius Massuchetto wrote:

Is there any way to build amd64 packages from i386?

There is probably more than one way, but assuming you have a 64-bit
processor (if not, why would you want to build packages for it?), the
easiest solution is to boot with a 64-bit kernel and set up an amd64
chroot for that task with "debootstrap --arch=amd64 --variant=buildd".
You can also set up pbuilder for amd64, look for the --debootstrapopts
option in the pbuilder manpage.

Thanks for helping me, but I got a little bit confused by this explanation.

I got a package: package_0.0.0_i386.deb
And I want: samepackage_0.0.0_amd64.deb

I know I can install i386 packages by the --force-architecture parameter, but what I really need is to build one.

I'm used to build my own packages with checkinstall, but they're not providing me the source for this specific package.

Thanks Again!
Vinicius Andre Massuchetto