Re: whole disk encryption -- not prompting for passphrase

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that the crypt thing is not compatible with lvm. may be this
> is the problem. I'm not 100% sure though. The problem could be related to
> previous formatting and using lvm, or some cached information somewhere.
>
> what does sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda looks like. how are your partitions marked
> there (the Id field)
>
> parted should help you resize I guess.

Check out these guides (one of them is mine - the good one of course :-P
). LVM and crypto could not be uncompatible because they operate on
devices, virtual or not. So you can either set up LVM on a LUKS
partition, or a LUKS partition on a LVM volume. The debian way is the
first (but I have found no explanation about that).

cheers,
George