Re: Problem with file perms

On Tuesday 04 November 2008, "Rodrigo Cosme" <rdccosmo@gmail.com> wrote
about 'Problem with file perms':
> Executing "ls -l" inside
> /var/run I get:
>
>?--------- ? ?     ?         ?                  ? klogd.pid
>?--------- ? ?     ?         ?                  ? syslogd.pid
>drwxr-xr-x 2 root  root   4096   Jul   10   00:07  sshd
>(and so on)

If you are getting this output as root, I'd fsck your filesystem.

It's also possible that extended attributes are tripping up ls.  I've not
dealt with them myself, but I believe there's as lsattr command for
viewing them and a chattr command for modifying them.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))