Re: how to use mencoder to record TV program

I am too tired and let's end this thread. Thanks!

There is a long way to go to meet my goal:
1) the output is playable on Linux and Windows
2) the output is two to three megabytes per minutes, frame size is 384x288, my CPU is P3/550

Replacing with "-oac copy" does not work. Audio still can't be heard after some effort. All the switchs used by mencoder still seem foreign to me. Maybe I should read mplayer manual. The learning curve is not smooth. Mplayer is in beta stage, and a/v synchronization problem often occurs.

I am quite happy with helix producer that uses real media format. producer works well in sarge (kernel 2.4) and meet my goal. So why should I try so hard using mplayer?

ByeBye!!