Re: Mounting an old external USB drive

S D wrote:
Am trying to mount an old BusLink USB drive but can't determine what device the USB drive is connected to, that is, the device that I'd pass to the mount command. I tried "fdisk -l" but it only appears to show my other internal HDs.
Here is one (though unsexy) way to do it:

(1) Press M-C-F1 (Ctrl+Alt+F1) on your keyboard
(2) Plug in your stick
(3) Wait...

If something is popping up on your screen...maybe your are lucky.

Doing things mentioned above on my system I see things like

SCSI device sdb:...
[and]
sdb: sdb1

From that stick I know that I can mount it by the command
'mount /dev/sdb1 /path/to/where/I/want/to/have/it'

Hope that helps.

Sam