Re: how to use mencoder to record TV program

Serena Cantor wrote:

> The command you give does not work. I'm sure no other TV program is
> running. Below are output by your command, followed by example at
> www.mplayerhq.hu

Ok so there is a progress with as I see, but we don't know what's your sound
device related to the card, so that's why it fails. There is a slight
difference how mplayer and mencoder handle the sound devices. I don't have
a bt848 card, so I'm not sure if it's working in alsa or in the oss
emulation. Try this one

mencoder -tv
driver=v4l2:width=768:height=576:forceaudio:immediatemode=0:adevice=/dev/dsp1:chanlist=china-bcast
\
     -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 \
     -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900:autoaspect=1 \
     -vf  scale,pp=lb -o output.avi tv://<CHANNEL>

If it's not working, please post feedback again and also the output of the
command

ls /dev/dsp*

and

ls /dev/snd/