Processes comminicating with "outside" sites

Hi,

I believe I've asked this question before and don't remember a response for it. Basically, I'll have a server that exhibits communication with some outside site, and I've not explicitly set up such a communication. I assume that that are many standard communications going on for some reason or another that the developer has set up in the code for the process. Maybe not. The particular instance that's triggered this inquiry is a communication with a server at your.org.

So I'm wondering, is there a list that itemizes all outside communications and associates them with the relevant package/file? And if not, isn't that a good idea in this day and age of "sneaky code" that can slip onto a system.

-jeff