Re: Export Public Key

Hi,

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:17:50 +0700
"Zaki Akhmad" <zakiakhmad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > You can use gpg --send $keyID to send your public key to a
> > keyserver or use gpg --export-key to export the key to e.g. a file.
> > Consulting man page of GnuPG (man gpg) will give you some more
> > detailed informaiton.
>
> Thanks, Frank. I try this
> $ gpg --output nameit_pub.gpg --armor --export $keyid
>
> Could you hint me some information, which server have exchanging
> public key service? I'd like to do some experiment exchanging public
> key then use it to encrypt and decrypt email :-)

First at all, I think it is not a good idea to upload your private key
to a server which is not 100% controlled by you. Anyway. Just before
playing around you need to think twice what you're doing because every
key you upload to a key server will be visible for everybody .... also
in future when you already revoked them or maybe you've already left
the planet. As keyserver I'm using from time to time pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de
as well as subkeys.pgp.net and wwwkeys.de.pgp.net. There are also a
number of servers inside gpg.conf as examples IIRC.
Most of the well known key servers are synching each other so you don't
need to upload your key to every server. As a personal flavor, I don't
like inline signing mails not very much, but this might can be
discussed for years.

Cheers,
Frank
--