vsftpd problem 500 OOPS: cannot change directory

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to set up a ftp server using vsftpd. I would like to create two accounts, namely ftpmovies and ftpmusic pointing respectively to /home/lau/movies and /home/lau/music.
According to my /etc/passwd file, those accounts are like this:
  ftpmusic:x:1001:1001:,,,:/home/lau/music/:/bin/bash
  ftpmovies:x:1002:1002:,,,:/home/lau/movies/:/bin/bash

Here is my vsftpd.conf:

anonymous_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
write_enable=NO
local_umask=022
#anon_upload_enable=YES
dirmessage_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=NO
xferlog_std_format=YES
ftpd_banner=KIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chroot_local_user=YES
chroot_list_enable=NO
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
listen=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES
no_anon_password=YES
listen=YES
anon_root=/home/lau

So to start with, i know that the chroot_local_user parameter is not relevant here, since changing it to NO doesn't solve the problem. However,

usermod -d /home/ftpmovies ftpmovies

is successful but is not what i'm trying to do. I read that disabling SELinux should solve the problem. Here is my config:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
# default - equivalent to the old strict and targeted policies
# mls     - Multi-Level Security (for military and educational use)
# src     - Custom policy built from source
SELINUXTYPE=default

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0

Unfortunately, setting SELINUX to disabled doesn't change anything.

Anyone has a solution for this? Thanks in advance!