Re: Problem apt-get install ssh - Could not early remove e2fsprogs

On Tue,28.Oct.08, 10:17:41, Fu-Tung Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a rookie debian user and I am not sure how to get around this error.  Any advise or pointers appreciated.

[...]

> Fetched 19.3MB in 1m54s (168kB/s)
> E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the
> essential package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This
> is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the
> APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
> E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

This should NOT happen. How did you install this system, [what Debian
version (etch, lenny, sid) and what kind of image did you use (full
CD/DVD, netinst, ...)]. Also your /etc/apt/sources.list might be
interesting to see.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)