Re: how to start postgresql server at machine startup?

On 10/27/08 21:07, Star Liu wrote:
I installed postgresql server in my machine, but i does not start
automatically at startup time, so i need to mannually type these
commands to start it everytime when i restart system

Desktop:~# su postgres
Desktop:/root$ cd ~
Desktop:~$ postgres -D ~/data >~/log/logfile 2>&1 &

i tried to add this command line into /etc/X11/Xsession.d/95StarHabit:

Why the heck would you put it in an X script??????????

su -c "postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/data >
/var/lib/postgresql/log/logfile 2>&1 &" postgres
but it doesn't work

how can i make these commands automatically executed at system startup?  thanks

How did you install PostgreSQL? If thru a Debian package, then Debian will handle all this for you.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.