Re: mail and web start in offline mode

JoeHill wrote the following on 25.10.2008 22:14

> When I start either my mail client, Claws, or Firefox web browser, they are in
> offline mode.
>
> I'm thinking this is not a setting in either of those apps, since I cannot get
> Firefox to change even by setting 'online' to 'true' in about:config, and I'm
> looking for where this setting might be in either a system or desktop config,
> but I cannot find anything that relates to this in networking properties or in
> the settings for XFCE.
>
> Any ideas where I can look for something like this?

You probably have 'network-manager' installed.
e.g. if you have your connection setup via dhcp in '/etc/network/interfaces'
then the above described will happen (at least here it has).

If you don't rely on the functionality of 'network-manager' you can then just
purge it.

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09