Re: https to http

Frank Lanitz wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:21:18 +0200
"Andrea Ganduglia" <nonews.org@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, how can I redirect HTTPS requests to HTTP?

https://www.domain.com => http://www.domain.com

I'm afraid I don't have a valid solution for your question, but I've
got a question: Why is something like that useful?
Probably better asked on the Apache list (or whatever server you're using), but it presents an interesting question:

You might try putting a redirect statement in your config. file, and restarting your server. Two possibilities:
- the server will issue the redirect - what you seem to want
- the server will first do the https exchange, and THEN issue the redirect, in which case, what's the point?

And, as Frank asked: why is it useful in any case?