Re: Xorg - nv - 8600GT blank screen problem.

"Me-too" here -- I am also running an 8600GT using the nvidia driver.
I installed it using "their way" after the Debian way wasn't working
for a while.  (I also had blank screens with the nv driver, though I
could just never get X to launch at all; the whole system froze using
that driver for me).  Once I made sure that I'd downloaded all the
appropriate kernel source packages, the nVidia installer script worked
without a hitch.  (I'm on etch, though.)