Re: how to convert several .flv files to a real media file?

Maybe the Debian version is crippled by the need to be DFSG-pure?

On 10/24/08 01:53, Serena Cantor wrote:
I install avidemux, it doesn't work.
It seems to me that avidemux supports only avi and mpeg format.

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: how to convert several .flv files to a real media file?
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
Woman's prerogative?  :)

Google says that avidemux "File->append"
works.

On 10/23/08 21:17, Serena Cantor wrote:
Now I change mind, real media format does not save
disk space, compared with .flv.
So my question change to : how to combine several .flv
files to a single .flv file?
Thank Ron Johnson anyway!

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Ron Johnson
From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: how to convert several .flv files to
a real media file?
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
On 10/23/08 20:05, Serena Cantor wrote:
I have etch and installed mplayer and mencoder
from
debian-multimedia. I can play .flv file and real
media file.
I have download a video clip from a video site
like
youtube. The clip has several .flv files. I want
to convert
them to a single real media file. Which command
shall I use?
Thanks!
(Mplayer's document is too long, I
don't have
time to read it)

Googling for "ffmpeg convert flv to rm"
returns
some seemingly helpful links.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.