Re: downgrading a single package

nevermind:

Downgrading from a later release of a package to an earlier one is not
officially supported in
Debian. However, you may find that you have to downgrade a specific
package in order to
re-install a version of a package that works when a new version
malfunctions. You may find
these previous package files locally in /var/cache/apt/archives/ or
remotely at http:
//snapshot.debian.net/. See also 'Rescue using dpkg' on page 12.

ref:
qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/quick-reference/quick-reference.en.pdf

--
Mathieu