Re: (SOLVED) Re: High cpu usage with compiz

2008/10/23 Aniruddha <mailing_list@orange.nl>:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 18:55 +0200, Aniruddha wrote:
>> > compiz "enable"
>> I'll try installing ati's 8.9 driver.
>
> Installing the 8-9 drivers solved the high cpu usage. Unfortunately I
> can't play videos but that's another question.

Does it work if you disable Xv? For Gnome apps, gstreamer-properties
will let you disable Xv. In VLC, you have to pick a different output
module. I imagine for KDE apps, there must be an option somewhere for
that too.

Unfortunately, not using Xv often increases CPU usage. :-(

- Jordi G. H.