Re: Inode issue

Shaun Martin:

> Ok so my filesystem ran out of inodes :(
> Is their away to increase the inodes without reformatting?

The manpage of mkfs.ext2/3 says there isn't:

-i bytes-per-inode
  Specify the bytes/inode ratio.  mke2fs creates an inode for every
  bytes-per-inode bytes of  space  on the disk.  The larger the
  bytes-per-inode ratio, the fewer inodes will be created.  This value
  generally shouldn’t be smaller than the blocksize of the  filesys‐
  tem,  since  in  that  case more inodes would be made than can ever be
  used.  Be warned that it is not possible to expand the number of
  inodes on a filesystem after it is cre‐ ated, so be careful deciding
  the correct value for this parameter.

J.
--
I want to look younger than my friends so I will fight ageing as long as
I can.