Re: USB ownership

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Aioanei Rares
<debian.dev.list@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:

Maybe that is due to the fact that it messes with the automounter. If
you want to add an USB stick to fstab then this should be because you
need the mount point to be consistent. In that case you should always
use the UUID, since the /dev location can vary.

However, the OP wants to solve another problem: his wife cannot acces
an USB stick with write rights. The best solution for this cannot be
to add the UUID of every USB stick his wife decides to use (including
borrowed ones) to some file. He would have to add a borrowed USB stick
to this file if his wife needs to transport some documents to someone
(and they are to big for mail).

I hope a better solution is available.

Neil

--
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who cannot count
**  Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your signature, please!  **