docvert-* causing hang on boot?

Hello:

After a recent upgrade, my laptop - which has no Internet connection until after I've booted up and logged on to a wireless network - was just hanging on boot.  After some trial and error (disabling cups and other things which might need an Internet connection), I disabled docvert-controller and docvert-openoffice in runlevel 2 (leaving everything else normal) and my laptop booted up quickly.  Is this a known issue, or did I just do something superstitious?  I won't have time to play around for a few hours yet, having lost an hour or two this morning!

Patrick