Re: ACPI power management broken since 2.6.23-1

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Anton Piatek wrote:
> Kernel 2.6.23-1 is the last kernel I seem to be able to run and have
> my laptop go to sleep.
>
> I am trying to figure out what i need to do to make the newer kernels
> sleep, but am a bit stuck.
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers to try and figure out what I might be
> missing to make it work? I admit I don't entirely understand how ACPI
> works...

It helps wonders if you tell us what laptop you have (and a major hint:
upgrade your laptop BIOS and firmware if an update is available from the
vendor).

Also, what is wrong with the sleep?  Is it the sleep?  Is it the resume?
What happens that is wrong?  If the screen is black, is the machine still
alright but just with the backlight turned off?  What is in the kernel log
when the sleep/resume breaks?  etc.

  Henrique Holschuh