Re: Cannot run 64-bit OS in virtualbox-ose

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Slim Joe <slimjoe2k8@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using virtualbox-ose 1.6.6-dfsg-2, I cannot run any x86_64
> Linux distribution (e.g. Fedora 9). The guest OS complains

You'll likely need the full product and version 2.0 in order to do
64bit guest additions. I ran into the same problem as you. You'll also
need certain processor hardware support (amd-v) in order to do 64 bit
guests on a 64 bit machine, and that support needs to be turned on in
vbox to get it to work.

I'm running a sidux guest (and tested several others, both 32 and 64)
on a ubuntu hardy host with little difficulties.