Re: stupid nautilus question

On 18/10/08 16:15, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
Here is a stupid nautilus question:

you can open (in browser mode) nautilus and start typing,
say, /usr/share/doc and a small window opens on the bottom right with
your paty you are typing.  However, it never brings you to the location
when you hit enter, at lesast on my box.  IIRC this used to work and it
worked in XFCE.  I stoped using XFCE due to massive memory leaking.

How do you get that function working and if it does not work, what is
the typing supposed to be for?  It is much faster to typ /path then to
use the point and click navigation.  Don't make me go to KDE!

Ctrl-L opens the location bar, where you can type the path where you want to go.

When you just start typing it does sort of 'quick find' - goes to the first file in the directory which matches what you typed.

--
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann