Re: creating and logging a daily cron job

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:10:01 +0200, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

> [...]

Emanoil, just so you know, I agree with Andrei. Sarge is, in my opinion, a
bad choice for a production server at this point in history. I don't have
any way of knowing what you downloaded recently, I have no idea when you
last upgraded but when Lenny comes out, you should probably consider
dist-upgrade. The Sarge repository won't stay in the same location for too
long after it becomes oldstable, it will be archived.

> Do you know when lenny becomes stable?

Since I know you from other lists, I will say it this way, not trying to
be sarcastic.

Answer: The Debian Way - Lenny will be released, when it is ready. :-)

Actually, you could follow the release critical bugs and get a pretty good
idea of readiness. I'm surprised you didn't already know this but I'm also
surprised you're still running Sarge, you've not mentioned that
previously.
 http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/