How can I clean the cache of debtorrent?

How can I clean the cache of debtorrent? I did this by find, also cleaning
empty directories, but that was too aggressive, and brought debtorrent in a
non-startable state:

2008-10-18 09:37:35,499 MainThread DebTorrent.launchmanycore ERROR SYSTEM
ERROR - EXCEPTION GENERATED
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/DebTorrent/download_bt1.py", line
952, in loadState
    d = self.pickled_data['resume data']['priority']
KeyError: 'resume data'

Or maybe it was due to the fact that I forgot to stop debtorrent client when
I did the cleanup. I solved the problem by purging and reinstalling
debtorrent. Maybe it would have sufficed to bring the cache back to a clean
state: /var/cache/debtorrent/.DebTorrent/{data,piece,torrent}cache?

Which parts of the cache must be kept? Can you suggestions for a good script
for this, that can run in a cron job?

Regards, Simon Pepping