Re: Mails stay in /var/spool/mail, without being forwarded

T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use sendmail as the default MTA, and have ~/.procmailrc for filtering
> my mails.
>
> However, in my newly installed system (Lenny), my mails stay in /var/
> spool/mail without being forwarded.
>
> How should I fix it? Do I need that .forward file?
>
> My setting has been working fine for many years. E.g., comments from
> comp.os.linux.misc:
>
> "asuming sendmail is the default MTA... You don't need a .forward
> file, .procmailrc is enough"
>
> "Most Linux systems are set up to use procmail as the local delivery
> agent by default, so you should not have to set up a .forward."

If you only want to forward emails, a simple .forward file with the
e-mail address to forward to is much simpler than using procmail.

Nevertheless, you need to give us more information. What do the sendmail
logs say? Have you checked its configuration to make sure it is calling
procmail? In this case, is there some procmail logs?

--
Are we not men?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br