RE: Anti-Virus - seeking opinions

Windows
> > and a Windows based anti-virus? Ideas?
>
> Did you give clamav a try? It is in the repos.
> Avast has a version for linux. It is free as in beer for personal use.
>
> You can manage without an anti virus by running Windows in a VM if you
> do not connect it directly to any untrusted network and if you do not
> connect any removable devices directly to the VM.
>

> > Thanks in advance
> If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
>                                         -- Albert Einstein

I will second Avast. You will have to pay for a company use, but they do
have a freebie version that you can use at home. There is not much
difference between the two from what I can tell (in terms of what they
can do). Plus their support has been really helpful when I needed it.

I have nothing against clamav, but I have had such a good experience
with Avast on both Linux and Windows that I have just stuck with Avast.

~S~