Re: How to use aptitude to distinguish packages?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:54:56 -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:

> I've been reading the man pages for aptitude but I can't seem to figure
> out how to use it to distinguish between packages of different branches.
>
> Basically here are the scenario:
>
>  1. List all packages installed that are from experimental.

aptitude search '~S~i~Aexperimental'

The narrowing operator ~S is crucial to make sure that the same version
of a package matches both conditions (~i and ~Aexperimental). Without ~S
you would get all packages that are installed and have a version (not
necessarily the installed one) in experimental.

>  2. List all packages installed that are "non-free" or from "contrib".

aptitude search '~S~i(~snon-free|~scontrib)'

> I am sure this is possible. I remember someone writing a script for
> this but I can't seem to find it now.

          Florian   |