Re: [OT] Unrecognized mount option "uid=1000" error w/TrueCrypt 6.0a on Ubuntu 8.04.1 server x64

As noted on the Ubuntu forums page you reference, the TrueCrypt page
requires an account and login to view the details.

Given that you haven't provided that info here, I'm taking a blind shot
(shot in the dark, whatever;) with this.

Does the 'uid=1000' follow the '-o' option?  And, if it does, but there
are other options used with it, is it a comma separated list?  The
pertinent part of the 'mount' man page is:

-o     Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma
       separated string of options.  Some of these options are only
       useful when they appear in the /etc/fstab file.

And many of the options are filesystem specific, so a final question:
Does the FS being mounted support the option?  The 'uid=...' is listed
under specific filesystem types, implying some don't support the
concept.

Bob

--
Bob McGowan