Re: About apt-file

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have wajig installed but don't know how to use it making search.
> 'man wajig' is very simple not much info provided.

I get:

dfox@newbox:~$ wajig whichpkg mysqladmin
JIG Warning: fping was not found. Consider installing the package fping.

File Path                                                   Package
INSTALLED
/usr/share/mysql/mysql-test/r/mysqladmin.result             mysql-server-5.0
/usr/share/man/man1/mysqladmin.1.gz                         mysql-client-5.0
/usr/bin/mysqladmin                                         mysql-client-5.0
/usr/share/mysql/mysql-test/t/mysqladmin.test               mysql-server-5.0

That tells me the mysqladmin binary is installed by the package
mysql-client-5.0.