Re: how to setup mail server to use (Yahoo|Gmail) smtp servers

http://phosphorusandlime.blogspot.com/2008/05/ubuntu-command-line-email.html

> If people have done this kind of stuff before, any insights or points I
> should keep in mind? The objective is to send emails unattended via
> scripts.
>
> Thanks.

I'm running postfix myself. It handles several of my emailaccounts.
Sometimes mail sent using my @gmail accounts from my own SMTPd was bounced
because the SPF-records didn't match.

I had to set up postfix to use Gmail's SMTP as a relay for outgoing mail
for my Gmail-accounts. This was a bit tricky because Gmail's SMTPd only
accepts encrypted authenticated connections.

Outgoing mail from my other accounts are delivered using the ISP's relay.

So I'd recommend postfix, because it does what I need and I have no
experience with other SMTPd's. ;)