Re: puseaudio in Debian - is it ready?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:00 AM, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody using pulseaudio in Debian? I am interested to know what is
> its status in Debian Sid and Lenny. If somebody has been successful in
> installing and running it, could you share your experience.
>
> By the way, Fedora uses pulseaudio (FC8 and FC9). It looks like it works
> very well there. Would love to try it out on my Debian Unstable and
> Testing machines.

I am using Sid, and have been using PA for months now. At first some
things didn't work with it, but now everything is fine, from music and
media players (xmms2, Amarok 1.x and 2, mplayer, xine and vlc) to
flash (I am using v10), to games, including Quake 3 and Wine games.

Before PA I sometimes had issues with sound, especially flash, either
alone or even more if flash started to play while something else played
sound. I haven't had those issues since I started using PA.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers