Re: how to setup mail server to use (Yahoo|Gmail) smtp servers

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:12:40PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> I am tying to see which mail server to install so that I can send emails
> via scripts using Gmail (preferable) or Yahoo smtp servers.
>
> I haven't setup email servers yet. Which one I go for (on Debian and
> Ubuntu)? Exim4, postfix, or perhaps msmtp? The last one I learned from here:
> http://phosphorusandlime.blogspot.com/2008/05/ubuntu-command-line-email.html
>
> If people have done this kind of stuff before, any insights or points I
> should keep in mind? The objective is to send emails unattended via scripts.

This has always been my point of reference for GMail:

http://wiki.debian.org/GmailAndExim4

I think you can use your scripts with this, as long as you are willing
to store your GMail password on the machine which is to run the
scripts.

HTH.

Kumar
--