Re: Load web page with Flash movie --> System freeze?

Carl Fink wrote:
This is deeply weird and should be impossible.

On an HP DV6100 laptop running a freshly-updated Lenny, I use Iceweasel 3
and the Flash library from Adobe, also updated today.

I reinstalled Lenny last week.  Starting Friday (I didn't use the laptop
over the weekend) and continuing today (Monday), if I open any web page with
a Flash movie on it, the computer freezes.  I don't mean that X freezes, I
mean the entire system.

As a test, I ctrl-alt-F1'ed to a VT and ran "sleep 3m; killall xdm".  I've
tested that invocation, and it does in fact kill X when the sleep expires. Then in an xterm I ran "script iceweaselfreeze.txt ; iceweasel &".

Iceweasel loaded.  I navigated to YouTube and tried to play a Captain
Disillusion video.  The first frame loaded, and then everything froze.  The
command in the VT failed to kill X, and I was forced to power-down to reset. The file "iceweaselfreeze.txt" is empty.

<snip>

On this laptop when were you able to play Captain Disillusion last?

Hugo