Re: HOWTO convert a pdf to a docbook(XML) format or to a po format

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 04:12:43PM +0800, Ji ZhengYu wrote:
> As subject, I want to convert a pdf file to another format, which is
> easy to modify and translate.
> I'd prefer to use vi with po plugin to translate some file, so it's
> best to convert pdf to po file.

Easier said than done.  You can try pdf2ps and then edit the ps-file.
I don't think there is a tool to make a pdf a fully editable file.

If it is just text you can user pdftotext to produce te text file.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God,
      believe also in me."          John 14:1