Re: editing menus

Robert Holtzman wrote:

Gnome is correct, but there is no Main Menu under "Desktop -> Preferences". There is a "Menus and Toolbars" selection, however it has nothing to do with editing menu items. BTW it looks like "Desktop" has replaced "System".

"Help" talks about creating a "XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/menus/applications.menu"
in $HOME, supposedly to define a menu entry, and while it looks doable, it also looks like I would be opening a bucket of worms.

I forgot to include the fact that I'm running 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486. Sorry.

What version of gnome does etchnhalf ship with? The menu editor (alacarte) from ubuntu is probably a much recent version than that with etch. Try installing alacarte from lenny or sid.

                                       -- Albert Einstein