Re: Problems with xserver-xorg

[ Please try to turn off the HTML part of your messages and wrap your
  lines in the plain text part. ]

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 11:04:26 +0000, Carlos Morales Diego wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I Have a virtual machine VMShare where I have installed a Debian. At
> the moment of installing the packages, I am having a great problem
> when I want to install the X, this is the mistake which I have:
>

> Apt-get install xserver-xorg-core
>
> It could not install any packages. This can mean you asked for an
> impossible situation or, if you are using an unstable distribution,
> that some necessary packages have not been created or moved out of
> Incoming.
> Like just just requested a unique operation, it is extremely possible
> that the package simply is not instalable and  you should fill a
> report of mistake against this package.

Note: You can use the trick

LC_ALL=C apt-get install xserver-xorg-core

then you will get the unlocalized English messages and you do not have
to translate the output yourself. This trick does not affect you normal
language and localization settings; it will only act on that one
command.

> The following information can help to solve the situation:
> The following packages have unfulfilled dependences:
> Xserver-xorg-core: It depends: x11-common (> =1:7.0.0) but it is not instalable
>                             Depends: libfontenc1 but it is not instalable
>                             Depends: libxau6 but it is not instalable
>                             Depends: libxdmcp6 but it is not instalable
>                             Depends: libxfont1 but it is not going to establish
>                             Depends: xserver-xorg but it is not instalable
> E:Broken Packages

Please send us the output of:

apt-cache policy xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core x11-common

          Florian   |