Bad year 1903 for /var/log/aptitude

Anacron sends out a local email complaining about logrotate:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: bad year 1903 for file /var/log/aptitude in state
file /var/lib/logrotate/status run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
exited with return code 1

Looking at /var/log with ls -l i see several different files with bad
dates. Now, the 1903 date happened when my laptop battery died and on
top of that, the CMOS battery is no good as well.

How do I solve the above issue? Do I simply execute a touch command to
the files in question so they have the current date?

Thanks for any help.

Amit