iptables logs?

I am running Debian  testing with 2.6.18 kernel and iptables. Does
anyone know how I can have iptables log to a seperate file such as
/var/log/iptables and I want them saved with logrotate. I want to try
out some iptables log analysis programs. Also I am interested in
seeing what rules different people run.

I use this on my remote vps box:
iptables -F -t nat; iptables -X -t nat;
iptables -F -t mangle; iptables -X -t mangle;
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT; iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

And this on my local box:
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state INVALID,NEW -j DROP

Any thoughts on packet filtering vs stateful inspection?

Zach