Re: Re: Modem Net Access.

O.K., Kent and Celejar.

Sorry for the delay, but I've got to shutdown, remove the drive, put another in, reboot, install gpmand then hit the logs to find any discrepancies anywhere.
Type up what I find, then do the procedure in reverse.

Anyway, here I am:

Nothing I can spot in syslog.
The kernal picks up the one and only serial port on boot -I'm running a 6400+ on an Asus M3A, so it's only got the one serial port and just one IDE channel. And everything looks alright all the way through the ppp connect procedure also.

ifconfig -a?
I did before, and after connect, to see what holes there might be in the bucket.

Juggernaut:/home/weaver# ifconfig -a
Io             Link encap:Local Loopback
               inet addr: 127.0.0.1   Mask:255.0.0.0
               inet6 addr:  ::1/128 Scope:Host
               UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
               TX packets: 258 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
               collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
               RX bytes:37617  (36.7 KiB)   TX bytes:37617  (36.7 KiB)

sit0           Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
               NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
               collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
               RX bytes:0  (0.0 b)   TX bytes:0  (0.0 b)

Juggernaut:/home/weaver#pon
Juggernaut:/home/weaver#ifconfig -a
Juggernaut:/home/weaver#

So, the connection is there the apps just can't access it.

I think we're back to config somewhere.
Regards and thanks for any further suggestions,

David.