Prevent aptitude from starting services

Is it possible to prevent aptitude from automatically running services
after install?  That is, when I install some daemon or some other
package with a start script in /etc/init.d, e.g. bind or ferm, I don't
want that init script to be executed.  This is annoying when services
are started before I have configured them, and also if I build a
system with debootstrap, then chroot into the new system to install
some further packages and then services are run or netfilter rules are
changed on the build system.

Looking through the man page of aptitude I haven't found an option to
do this.

urs