Re: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 51799116882 ns)

Since my last mail, I rebooted the machine (using reset, init 6 wasn't able to reboot after a few minutes). Just before reseting, top was long to start displaying stats and then it started to work nice (normal speed) and showed 9999% CPU usage on certain processes !
It was not often the case, some stats snaps looked good.
Well, that at least explains why the machine was/is slow. Killing these processes might help.
I thought it was a calculation error because the timing became wrong (delta=51799116882ns), isn't it...?

Then, I had troubles when I logged into KDE: it first failed (kind of freeze while waiting for something that never comes), I restarted X (ctrl+alt+backspace) and then KDE login was ok. In KDE, I now see that the audio hardware is no more recognized (according to kmix & amarok/xine (failed to start xine engine)), but snd* modules seems to be loaded as appropriate...
Strange, although a /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart sometimes works, or realoding the sound modules. Then, you probably also have to restart kdm
I did this:
   # /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart && /etc/init.d/kdm restart
It didn't have any effects on the audio hardware in KDE.
I also launched a memtest (a few minutes) after reseting the computer: nothing wrong.

I wonder about a hardware failure...
This Debian was installed a month ago and I didn't any problem before, even on the Fedora I had before for a year on this hardware.
That can of course be. Try running memcheck, and try booting from a live-cd might give you some clues.
Yeah, that's an idea... with a fresh Knoppix CD!

Thanks,
N.