Re: Postfix config question..

> > > I am running a postfix smtp server. The school does not
> > > object to mail coming in directly but want all ougoing mail
> > > to go through the school mailserver.
> > >
> > > How do I configure to accomplish this?

You need to set the variable

'relayhost = [nameofsmarthostserver.tld]' in you main.cf file.

Then create the file /etc/postfix/sasl/sasl_passwd; so,

`cd /etc/postfix/sasl`
`touch sasl_passwd`

inside that file specify the relayhost details again:

[nameofsmarthostserver.tld] username:password

obviously use your own login credentials for the remote server there.

Once you have done that, 'postfix reload' and 'postfix check' to check for errors.

HTH, Jamie